Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My first post woohoo!

I will be using the SOAP method which i learned from some very lovely ladies.

S- Scripture-  write it.... or in this case type it.
O- Observe - What is it saying
A- Apply - How is this applicable to me and to people today?
P- Pray
        For the blog i will combine the Observe and Apply steps. :)


Psalm 1:1-2
Blessed is the man who walks not in the council of the wicked,  nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

 My thoughts...
Don't let bad company corrupt my thoughts, mind, heart, or actions.  I think of the saying "What goes in, comes out."  Today this can also apply books, media, etc.  I don't mean we should shut ourselves away from the world and live in a shell.  But, how do we spend our time (and with whom) and to what are we devoted?  With what are we feeding our minds and souls?  We should meditate on the Lord and keep our thoughts, hearts, etc as pure as possible.  This will allow us to reflect Christ more clearly.  If reading God's word is like looking into a mirror ( James 1), then everything we allow into our lives which is not Christ-like is a speck or a smear on that mirror so that we reflect God poorly. His image becomes distorted.  The better we reflect God, the more people we are able to reach and bring to him.


 My Prayer....
    Dear Lord,  Please help me to reflect on your word and fill my mind with Godly thoughts, so that you in-turn will reflect in me. Thank you for your grace and mercy when i fall short and reflect you imperfectly.  Please forgive me for these times.  Thank you for your son Jesus, who made it all possible.  In his name, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment