Saturday, March 3, 2012

Psalm 1:5-6

5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
6 for the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.

The wicked will not stand in judgment nor sinners with the righteous because they have separated themselves from God.  We can not be in two place at once, so naturally if we have chosen to separate ourselves from his will for our lives, then it would be imposible for us to simultaneously stand with him.   Since we are made in the image of God, he knows how we best function on every level,  physically, emotionally, socially, spiritually, etc.  We are meant to function and be like him.  He knows how we function and how He functions, and he knows the "way of the righteous"(his way) is so healthy that when we follow it, we will be able to live eternally with him.  But if we separate ourselves from him, we begin to die. My understanding is that the way of the wicked will perish because we are designed to be like God, and when we try to exist any other way, it doesn't work, and so we perish.


Lord,
     Please help me to trust you because you know what is best for me.  Thank you for the gift of your word and your grace in the form of Jesus, so that I have the opportunity to live like you and with you forever.  Thank you for loving me enough to have a chance for a healthy and everlasting life. Please forgive me when I think that I know better than you.  Thank you for all the blessings you have already showered into my life and the fruit I have seen by doing it your way.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment