Thursday, March 1, 2012

Today I will just move on to Psalm 1 verses 3-4. I don't plan to work through all of psalms only covering it 2 verses at a time but it works for today. :)

3. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither.  In all that he does, he prospers. 4. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away.


 When we let God fill us up, we will yield fruit/good things, and He will do good things through us.  He nourishes us like a spring.  Without his nourishment, we dry up.  We cannot give something that we do not have in the first place.  Fruit cannot be picked from a dried up tree and that is what we are if we are not being nourished by God.  However, if we do allow God to love us and fill us, we in turn will prosper and succeed in showing love to others.  If we allow ourselves to become dried up, we become so insubstantial that we can be driven or swayed by the wind.  Without him, we have no roots or weight, so that we can easily be swayed and lost in popular culture, being blown about by society and whatever way it says is right at the time.


Dear Lord,
 Help me to plant myself by your stream so that I can be nourished,  yield fruit for you, and better nourish others.  Help me not to dry up and be easily swayed by the wind and the world. Please forgive me when I fall short. Thank you for your mercy and grace through your son. In His name,  Amen.
        


No comments:

Post a Comment